The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Huge Yarn Haul & Projects


Last week I found out that a local yarn shop was closing. So I went to check out what they had on sale. Check out this stash!!! A sad note is that I'm going to miss that shop....really nice people, beautiful yarns. I'm so sad for the owner. She really seemed upset and I hated to benefit from such a bad situation, but who am I to pass up a bargain? This is what I got:
17 Berocco Glace
2 Fiesta Silk Chenille
1 Euroflax Athens
1 unnamed ribbon yarn
1 Prism
13 Berocco Soft Twist
2 Mountain Colors Wool
4 Green Mountain Spinnery - Cotton Comfort
2 Opal Sock yarns
3 Mountain Colors Mohair
6 Lambs Pride Wool
26 Berocco Cotton Twist
Plus some needles & notions.

I know what I'm going to do with most of it, but some I just couldn't pass up.


And...I wanted to include a picture of some of my projects. This is the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Afghan. The ruffle still has one round to go and I'm done. You can see the beginning of the last round on the right hand side of the corner. This is an anniversary present for my sister and her husband. It's done in a crown stitch that is so pretty!
Also is the Claudia Hand Dyed scarf & the same scarf with the Berocco SoftTwist. I LOVE the way the scarf looks in the hand dyed yarn. Love the color changes. Oh, and the crazy shawl/afghan. I started this as a shawl, but made the width too short and I didn't want the stripes going up and down, so its now going to be an afghan. I'll do a multi-directional around the sides and hope it looks okay. There are around 15 or 16 differnt yarns used on it. I just went where the yarn took me. No rhyme or reason to it. I just let it speak to me and tell me what was next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home