The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Finished!

FINALLY finished the afghan! Yay me! I think I started it two or three months ago, I don't remember. Probably closer to three. I gave it to my sister & her hubby for their last year & this year anniversary. Everyone loved it which made me feel really good. The only thing I didn't finish on it is the ribbon that is supposed to be weaved into the trim. The ribbon I originally bought didn't look quite right, so I'll have to get something else. I found a hand painted silk ribbon online, but at $12 a yard, well, I don't think so.

And...I received stitch markers from Jenn from the stitch marker exchange with Robyn. They are soooo adorable!!! Little stars with smiley faces! She writes in her note that they are to "cheer you up on bad knitting days" hee hee.....she has no idea how many of those days I have! Since I'm kinda new at it, I do get frustrated quite a bit.

A seasoned knitter said to me recently "Oh you throw your yarn". I said, yeah, I throw it across the room when I can't do it! Obviously, thats not what she meant, but I had no idea.

Anyway....we had a great time at my sister's house yesterday celebrating her and her hubby's birthdays. Good food, good company & glad she didn't mind that DH & me watched her present before we gave it to her. See, I bought her three DVD's of the Dean Martin Roasts. DH saw them on the kitchen table and wanted to watch one. I said No Way! that's my sister's BD present! Well, since nothing good was on TV that night, I caved & we watched it. Hilarious!
So the next two nights we proceeded to watch the other two. So we approved them before we gave them. And my sister didn't mind one bit. Well, that and I gave her other presents to compensate for the "used" status of the DVD's. I made her a pink austrian crystal bracelet and also gave her a Joan Rivers bracelet from QVC. Happy Birthday Nancy! & Steve too!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home