The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Monday, July 17, 2006


Well, I caved. I went to Michaels and bought Lion Brand Thick & Quick to try my hand at a knit sweater. I found the pattern on the Lion Brand site and didn't want to mess with the gauge so I bought the yarn that it calls for. Its not too bad, although 90% acrylic and 10% wool. It looks easy enough and I think the colors I got are pretty nice. It's not the nicest sweater pattern, but good for a beginner I hope.
I probably should have used circulars, but truth be told, I really don't like them that much. I may have to change over though...we'll see.

Other than that I'm really pissed at myself. I went to motor vehicle a few weeks ago to renew my license. Long story short, even though I had my photo license that was expiring they wouldn't accept my birth certificate because it had my maiden name on it...they needed my marriage license. So I contacted the town where I got married and they sent me a form to fill out and send a copy of my birth certificate. And now I can't find it!!!! I have torn my house apart seven times over and still can't find it. So I went online and ordered a copy from Vital Records and it cost me $45!!!! Plus...now I can't find my social security card either!! I hope it didn't get mixed up with the recycleables and get tossed. I'm so afraid of that. I'm hoping these documents show up. I looked everywhere, even my car. And the stupid thing is, I found all the other documents I had with me that day, except for those two things. I'm such an idiot. So careless. I could kick myself. If someone finds it, I'm so screwed. How do you protect yourself from identity theft if they have your SS card & birth certificate??? I truly hope they turn up somewhere. Isn't St. Anthony the one to pray to for lost items?

2 Comments:

  • At 7/17/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger AR said…

    I've used that yarn before, and I thought it was very warm. Maybe too warm. IMHO. It was ok other than that.

    Hope you find your paper. I've done stuff like that more than I care to admit.

    Keep us updated on your sweater progress. I've never done one, because of the cost of yarn. Poor me. Maybe some day!!

     
  • At 8/11/2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home