The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Kittens Strike Again

I was working on the crocheted shawl that I started back in October. Had a whole new ball of yarn, the label not even removed yet. I left my work on the ottoman in the living room to go to the bathroom. When I got back, not a minute or two later, my entire ball of yarn was unraveled and tangled....my little kitten Peeps decided to make it her own. This, by the way, is the same yarn that I have the pics of my kittens happily playing with in a previous post. All I could yell was "No, No, No, No, No"!!!! I even gave them about a fifth of a skein of that same yarn so they would leave the stuff I was working with alone, but they wanted the NEW yarn! So, right now I'm very close to just trashing the whole thing. I'm sick and tired of un-tangling the yarn. I'm not entirely happy with the way it is turning out, so I think I may just throw it away and maybe start it again, with a different yarn, some other time. And....hopefully, I will FINALLY learn to not leave my yarn anywhere my kittens can get it, if even for a second. I don't know.....now that I look at the photo, it doesn't look all that bad.
I'd almost like to take the squares apart and make it into something smaller, but they are crocheted together as you go, not pieced - so there goes that idea.

And here is the wrap I finished yesterday. Its only my second completed knitting project so I'm pretty excited about it, even though it is very, very easy & uncomplicated.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/05/2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi A,
    Just checking in on your "blog". Shawl looks great!! You still amaze me....never thought you would get into chocheting and knitting - you were always a rebel, but I guess that really doesn't change. You're a rebel with knitting needles, hey..that could be dangerous!!!!
    Nancy & Shmackymoo!

     
  • At 7/08/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger AR said…

    Pretty shawl. Wow those kitties are fast. The yarn holder idea is a good one. I read on the Knitter's Review about someone putting their ball of yarn in a tissue box while they were knitting with it so it wouldn't roll around. That might work too, or at least slow those kitties down!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home