The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Went to the Yarn Show in PA

I went to the Knit & Crochet Show in King of Prussia, PA yesterday. I only went to the market, did not take any classes. I was supposed to go for the weekend but personal problems changed those plans and I only went for the day with my friend Jan. We had a wonderful time together and although the market was nice, it wasn't as big as I expected and I couldn't imagine why I would spend two days there. However, I wish we had spent one more hour going around again and I wish I had bought more yarn. Oh well....live and learn. I have asked my friend Lisa, who went today, to maybe see if she can get me the yarn I wanted.
Here is some yarn I bought from Buckwheat Bridge Angoras. The Brown & Pink-100% Mohair, are for an afghan, but I may change my mind. Lisa was able to get me three more skeins, so we will see. The multi-colored is so gorgeous I can't even begin to describe the colors. I am so pissed that I didn't buy more. It is 80% Kid Mohair & 20% Wool. I guess if I can't get any more, I will either make socks with it or a skinny scarf.

The blue yarn on the bottom of the picture is Brooks Farm Yarn out of Texas. They had the most wonderful colorways! Every color of the rainbow! The one I bought is 100% Mohair and soft as a cloud! I wish I could have bought a hank in every colorway. Thats how beautiful it is.
The yarn at the top of the pic is Cherry Tree Hill Glitter Thick & Thin. These two are for an afghan but I plan to get all different types of yarns and make it kind of funky. And, I am planning on keeping both afghans! I rarely keep anything I make, so this will be a nice treat for me. And both will match my new couch, so thats a plus.

Anyway, the ride to the show was beautiful. Lots of little towns with antique shops and cafes. I'm going to try to talk my husband into a day trip sometime soon to check out the antiques.
Jan & I had some wonderful conversations about everything...including stories of her days as a private investigator and a narc. Nothing more interesting than hearing dirty little details!!! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8/12/2006 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

     
  • At 8/18/2006 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home