The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bad News All Around

Geez....we've been hit by so much bad stuff lately. Three weeks ago one of my cats passed away from kidney failure. He was only 6 years old and the vet thinks he had bad kidneys from birth.
Now I have an 11 year old cat in the hospital for liver disease. He's still not eating on his own and the vet had to force feed him this morning. I'm just praying that he will get his appetite recharged and start to eat by himself. And as long as he can keep it down, he should be okay for the time being. I know liver disease in cats isn't really reversible, but if I can have him home for a while and let him be happy, that's all I can ask for.

My husband's step-mother is very, very sick. She has been in the hospital now for three weeks and is being transferred to Mt. Sinai in NYC today. She was told she has inoperable cancer in most of her vital organs, but her own oncologist says he can still help her. She was diagnosed with ovarian & cervical cancer about two or three years ago and has been on monthly chemo ever since. The poor woman has been through so much. And yet, through it all she still is fighting. My husband has been staying with her every night, sometimes over night in the hospital. And she called this morning to tell him that she wants him in the ambulance with her when they transfer her. She said she feels calm & safe when he's with her. Funny.....they never got along when he was younger. Isn't it funny how things change as we get older?

One of my sisters had a stroke a few months ago. Now she needs a defibrillator put in and she's doing that next week. Her husband had mouth cancer a few years ago and now they found more cancer in his jaw. He's scheduled for surgery to remove part of his jaw and reconstruction of it....a 21 hour procedure. I was told his condition is "very serious", as I imagine it would be.

Another brother in law has level 5 cancer cells in his prostate and is having surgery next week.

Oh, and my mother in law's sister is dying.

As for me, I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 a month ago. I'm on new meds, but honestly, I think they are making me more compulsive and edgy. Then again, with all that is going on, it may just be that and not the meds at all.

Pray for us. I hope things start getting better.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/25/2006 3:31 PM, Blogger AR said…

    That is a lot of bad for one family to handle. I keep you all in my thoughts.

     
  • At 7/25/2006 10:30 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    That's a lot to go through, you're very strong to be able to get through it. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things get better very soon.

     
  • At 8/12/2006 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 8/13/2006 2:36 AM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said…

    You've had far too much recent experience with death and dying. Sending some big HUGS that I hope will help out a little to lift your spirits. Anyone who rescues little cats is an Angel in my book. Hope you get some good news on th humans and the cats alike. It's the loving we do while living and sharing that counts the most because we all know about the final hour. Blessings and Grace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home