The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Friday, August 04, 2006


I signed up for http://www.yarnofthemonth.com/. I got my first sample pack yesterday of some really neat yarns. In order of the picture they are:

Manhattan by Lily Chin
87% Cotton, 13% Bamboo
very soft

Butterfly by Madil
72% Dralon, 18% Wool,
10% Polyamide
Very cool...can't wait to try it

Boucle Mohair by Be Sweet
90% Mohair, 10% Nylon
Again, very soft

Trinity by Jaeger
40% Silk, 35% Cotton, 25% Polyamide
Reminds me of the Silky Tweed by Elsbeth Lavold

I can't wait to swatch these and see how they work up. Oh, and with the membership to the YOM, you get a free pattern with it that corresponds with the yarn samples. I had my reservations about joining this club, but after my first pack, I think it was a nice idea. I'm pleased with the samples & the pattern is a nice plus. Its kind of nice to be able to swatch something first before investing in a full ball.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home