The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Monday, July 31, 2006

Sweater Progress

I know I haven't posted much about my knitting or crocheting, but I actually have been working on my sweater and I cannot begin to say how proud I am of myself (so far) of it's progress. I've got the front & back done and the first sleeve. I started the second sleeve last night. It was suggested to me that I should do the sleeves at the same time, but since I still cannot find that dang knitting needle, I am doing one at a time. I really don't want to buy yet another set of 13's.

I'd love to post a pic, but Blogger, of course, is not allowing me to do so. I've been trying for two days!!

Update on crisis.....My one brother in law had his prostate surgery and all went well. They think they got all the cancer out but he may have to go for radiation treatments. This poor guy.....he had quadruple bypass surgery 5 years ago and now this.

My husband's step-mom is still the same. They are still hoping to get her into Kessler by the end of the week, but the way things are going, who knows. They still need to put another drain in her abdomen so that they can drain all the fluid out. They were supposed to do it yesterday, but as we all know how hospitals are....it didn't happen. She's having panic attacks now.

Funny thing though....she is starting to call my husband and her husband "stupid". Guess they've been there long enough that she's getting sick of them. I put together a little care-package for her the other day. Some dry-mouth toothpaste, Starlight mints and Life Savers hard candy, Chapstick & a little notebook & pen. Now apparently, my husband had brought her a little notebook, but just the little plain one. The one I got her had a nice plastic cover with very colorful flowers all over it. So she sends me a note home with my husband thanking me for it and this little line:
"Your husband and my husband thought that poor excuse of the notebook I was using was good enough - thanks for providing the woman's touch"
I get a kick out of it every time I read it. So now, I took a regular Bic pen and drilled a hole in the top. I put some beading wire thru it and beaded the crap out of it. I'm going to pick up some stick-on rhinestones for the pen itself.

And my cat Gregory - His jaundice is getting worse. I still have to force feed him babyfood, which he HATES with a capital H. I have to do it in the bathroom because he gets more on the floor and walls than in his mouth. Even with an oral syringe. He fights me so much. At least he has that fight still in him, so I don't mind too much. He is good with his IV fluid treatments....he will sit still and purr until its done. He must feel so much better with them. I feel bad for him...when I feed the other cats, he comes and cries like he's hungry, but when I put food in front of him, he sniffs it and walks away. He's probably sick to his stomach. Interestingly enough, my dad had liver disease and he never felt like eating either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home