The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Friday, August 04, 2006

Butterfly yarn swatch






Well, I couldn't wait to swatch the Butterfly yarn and to use my new knitting needles. It wasn't the gauge recommended, but, hey....new toys are meant to be played with!

As for the yarn, I like it, not in love with it but I'm sure it would look nice on a smaller needle. However, it is a little tricky to work with - but that may have been because of the plastic needles which, number one, I am not used to and number two, the yarn sticks to the plastic.

All in all, I'm not too impressed by the lighted needles. I may give them to a friend of mine. I've seen other lighted knitting needles that are clear and the entire needle lights up. They are probably ten times better than these, but they are alot more expensive too. The ones I have were $16. The clear ones go for about $40. I'd rather stick with my Lantern Moons or even just the bamboo.

I do have another use for these needles though....they are great for finding things under sofas, fridges, stoves, etc. that my cats have batted around and are missing. Beats moving furniture!

2 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2006 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi , this yarns with the butterflies are really very nice, i liked it
    i live in sao paulo, brasil and we don´t have these needdles, these clear ones with light, i would love to have a pair, do you know from wich shop i can buy them??
    maybe you know a shop with a better price since shipping costs to brazil are a bit expensive.
    tks again and go on to your work i wan´t to see it when is finished, ok
    daniela.

     
  • At 8/05/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Good new use for lighted needles!! Thanks for the info on the yarn club thingie. I might have to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home