The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Saturday, August 05, 2006

It just HURTS!


Now...I have a problem I've been dealing with for several months and its just not getting any better. I have a rash of some sort on my hand that itches, oozes, hurts like hell, peels, gets raw and is swollen. I've been to the dermatologist who says it is a form of psoriasis, but also an allergic reaction to something, but I haven't got a clue to what it is. I've never had this before and I can't imagine that all of a sudden something that I've been doing/using all my life is now creating this mess on my hand.

I thought maybe it was from a certain yarn. It is the finger I wrap my yarn around when I am knitting. The derm said that yarns with blue dye seem to cause problems...something about the indigo in it. I am working on the purple wrap for my sister, but I can't tell for sure if it is from that yarn since this will clear up and then come right back. I haven't worked on the wrap in two weeks so who knows. People have said it looks like poison ivy, but I can assure you, it is not.

I've tried Benedryl cream for the itching, which helps but burns. I have a script from the doc but that seems hit or miss lately. This picture is from today. It's looked 50 times worse - but its starting on that downswing of getting bad again. Anyone ever see anything like this??

2 Comments:

  • At 8/05/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Sorry! Hope you figure it out soon! Especially if it interferes with your knitting!

    Cute package, and st markers last post. Very nice.

     
  • At 8/07/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I was looking at all the Yarn Aboard II blogs and came accross yours.
    I did have this kind of problem a few years ago. I am a cook and they found I was allergic to all the citrus my hands were in at the moment (tomatoes and lemons mainly). It was really brought on by stress. Cortizone cream was the only thing that made it completely go away. I had to keep away from the citrus from quite a while too (rubber gloves).
    I sure hope it isn't yarn!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home