The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Treated myself today


I ran down to the jewelry store in town today to drop off a set of Honora pearls I got for Christmas. I broke the string they were on and decided to have it hand knotted so it doesn't happen again. They were having a 50% off sale. Need I say more???

I had no intention of buying anything. I just walked past the showcases and it caught my eye. A cameo. Now, I am not a cameo person. But this one is different. Its blue....and has a cat on it!
So I asked to see it, never expecting to buy it, but for the price, I couldn't pass it up. It was half off of $220. I'll see if I can get a better picture in daylight tomorrow, but here it is for now, albeit a little blurry. Its about 1/2 inch in diameter and 14 k.

And of course, I saw a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings for my mom, but at over $1000 regular price, well, even if I could afford it, she'd kill me if I bought her something so expensive.

2 Comments:

  • At 8/06/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!

    The cameo is really pretty. I know that you really are not a "cameo" person, so I bet it's even prettier in person. And, I know, you do have good taste in jewelry!
    Nancy

     
  • At 8/09/2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Mindy said…

    That is one neat cameo. I just hopped over from knitter's review and wanted to say hi.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home