The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Monday, August 14, 2006

When I rescued Gregory & family

This is how I found Gregory, Serena, Joely & Mama Kitty (who is not in the picture). Gregory is the one in the back. They were about 5 weeks old, but when I found them I thought they were 2 weeks old. They were malnutritioned so they were alot smaller than they should have been.

I owned a pet sitting service for 7 years, ending about 6 years ago. I still have two clients, but at the time I had over 120 clients. This one client, thought I won't go into details, had plans for these kittens.....to sell them to a testing lab. (I have to admit, I did alot of snooping to find this out - its a long story).

So I called a friend of mine who is an Animal Control Officer. He looked up every statute to make sure I could take these kittens out of the yard I found them in without repercussions. Since the homeowners never told me they were living in the backyard, they were officially strays so I had every right to take them. Funny thing....the homeowners NEVER asked me about them...if I had seen them, etc. They didn't care one bit.

This picture shows (clockwise starting at top left): Mizzy (the Maine Coon), Gregory, Serena, Joely and Toby (the white cat). They were only a few months old here. I have to look for a more recent picture of Gregory. But here you can see what beautiful markings he had.

Toby is now gone too. He passed away last year of complications of diabetes. He was around 15 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home