The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Stuff

Thanks to all the stitch markerette's for all the wonderful new "toys"!!!! I received some great "puffies" in the mail and will personally thank you all tomorrow.

Work is actually pretty good. Busy, hectic, but I like it. I'm busy ALL the time, always running but it makes the day go fast . . . most of the time. Some customers can be real pains in the ass. Let's see.....like the woman who wanted to bring a 150 pound mastiff into the store....I told her "no" over the phone and a few days later she came in with him anyway. I think the story goes that the dog's leash got caught on a display and one of my colleagues yelled out "it's caught on the display" probably not knowing what else to say. She was pretty shocked at the sight of the dog to begin with. Well, the customer laid into her good for calling her dog an "it". Thing is....the employee doesn't even remember what she said because it was all so fast and she was just afraid a total display of Christmas balls was going to fall over. She may have even meant the leash was caught. Anyway...the lady called corporate and threatened that if she is not "compensated" (what ever she means by that) for the employee calling her baby an "it", she will bring back everything she's ever purchased from Pier One.

People are crazy. I mean, okay, I can see getting a little upset if someone calls your cat, dog, rat; whatever your companion happens to be an "it", but let's face it, not everyone in the world loves your dog, cat, rat. I am a TOTAL cat-mom and I don't get offended by comments like that. Why bother??? Its so petty!

Anyway, enough complaining.

I'm still trying to get some Christmas shopping done, but I have to wait till I get paid on Friday to do most of it. The worst part about working at Pier One is that I end up spending at least half, if not three quarters of my paycheck there. Well, I guess for Christmas its understandable. I just hope I don't keep up this trend! We've got some really cool things in the store and we've been selling out of stuff like crazy. So when I see something I like, I grab it.

Well, I will write more tomorrow or Friday. I want to thank each "lady of the stitch markers" personally but I do not have their names in front of me right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 12/29/2006 3:50 AM, Blogger Cho Chuts said…

    From the way you described how it all may have happened, when your colleague yelled out "it's caught on the display" I think she really did mean the leash and not the dog. People are sooo sensitive these days. Every man, woman and beast is offended by everyone and everything. Besides, it's not like your colleague knew what it's name was. Oops, I mean the DOG'S name was! Geez...

     
  • At 7/30/2018 11:24 AM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said…

    I’m sorry to see you’ve quit blogging. This blog is so great. Hope the cats and you are just fine, though I know many may have passed on. Where ever you are and what ever you’re doing, I wish you the best.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home