The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yarn!

I got my newest installment of the "Yarn of the Month" club today. Unfortunately I cannot take any photos because my digital camera is in the shop. But I can at least describe what I got.

First is "Creative Focus Worsted" by Nashua. 75% Wool & 25% Alpaca. The color is a darkish purple/magenta. Its soft with a little haze to it. I can imagine that it would work up beautifully, but might be too fuzzy for felting.

Next is "Delhi" by Queensland Collection. 90% Wool & 10% Nylon. It has a little wave to the texture of the yarn with a black thread going around it. The color is mostly a chocolate brown but variegated with orange, pink, yellow & lime green. Its actually prettier than it sounds. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one. I'll have to swatch it.

Next on the hit parade is "Soft Tweed" by Karabella. 100% Wool. Again, this yarn has a little wave to it and a little give. Beautiful color of a dark brown/black with flecks of off white/grey & orange/gold. For 100% wool its very soft and seems like it would be comfortable for sweaters.

Last but not least is "Style" by Conjoined Creations. 50% Soy Silk, 50% Wool. Ok...this one I LOVE. Its a variegated yarn with blues & a dark lime green. its 4 sts to an inch on #9 needles. Can't wait to swatch this one. It's so soft and just yummy! The color is called "Love Beads".

I will post pictures as soon as I get my camera back. Stupid thing....I took a picture and shut the camera off, then when I turned it back on again, the lens got stuck and I get a "Zoom Error" message.

I'm hoping to get back to my knitting & crocheting again. I haven't done a blessed thing in weeks. And I totally need to assemble that sweater I knitted. The way the weather has been here, I may need that sweater soon! God I pray for an Indian Summer!!! I'm not ready for it to end!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home