The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Monday, September 04, 2006

Sorry to be such a downer lately, but my life just keeps getting better & better. (sarcastically, of course)

First off, on one pretty good note, my brother in law, who had the jaw surgery ended up having his entire (lower, I think) jaw removed and a steel one replacing it. He had cancer in his bone & lymph nodes. It was something like a 20 hour procedure. No one deserves this. I pray that he continues to recover & improve and can go home soon. He had never smoked or chewed tobacco a day in his life.

On another note. . . . . looks like my marriage is about done with. DH and I had some trouble about a year ago (big trouble) and he thinks I should just forget about it, which I can't. So today he told me that I am "never to mention it, never to ask about his business, never to have nothing at all to do with his business other than ask how his day was" ever again. Harsh huh?
I cried all day. (about the "trouble" I speak of, I'd like to say that it was NONE of my doing...it was all behind my back - and no, as far as I know, not an affair.....maybe-I still don't know what I believe on that part).

Anyway I need to pick myself up, get strong & get a job. He always told me he didn't want me to work, didn't need me to work and even bragged to my family about how he didn't want me to. Today he threw in my face that I quit my job 3 years ago. Why do men do this????

I probably shouldn't air my dirty laundry on my blog, but I just can't help it. I could use some advice or something. I need to vent. I know what I have to do, but my heart is broken. I don't know what brought on his "demanding" things today at all. He's been staying with his father since even before his step-mom passed away, so I wonder if someone is getting his ear or he's just living the "high life" and I'm not good enough any more.

We had an agreement that at the end of the summer, we'd re-evaluate his business and see where it stands. We'd see if we want to get bigger, get smaller or do something else. I guess since he realized it was the end of the summer, he didn't want my input on this conversation. I thought a marriage was a PARTNERSHIP. He apparently doesn't think so. He told me his work life and his home life are two separate entities and I should never ask him again about it.

I cannot continue on this way.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/05/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger AR said…

    You don't deserve that kind of treatment. Take care of yourself first. You're a strong person, you can move on. Don't let him hold you back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home