The Knittin' Kitten (and crochetin' kitten too)

Friday, August 25, 2006

A "So-Long for now", not really a "Goodbye"

I just re-read my post from yesterday and decided that I had done a very poor job. My thoughts & sentences ramble on and repeat themselves. Guess after a wake and at 1 am, my thoughts were racing. So I apologize to anyone who has read it and had to scratch their heads to wonder what the heck I was talking about.

Today was the funeral for my husband's step-mom. I think today was the first day that it really hit me. I hadn't cried since I found out, but just kind of felt sick. But today, as we were walking past the casket one final time, I just fell apart. And in the church I couldn't stop crying. The sermon was lovely and very touching. Then it happened......well, let me explain something first to anyone who isn't catholic. In the catholic mass, you sit, stand & kneel. The pews have fold down kneelers with pads that are attached to the back of the pew in front of you that your row can kneel on. Normally, you leave the kneeler up until you need it so there is foot-room. So it comes time to kneel. My husband puts the kneeler down and kneels on it, like any good catholic should do. However.....he put it right on my foot....and knelt on it!!! I was trying to be quiet yet couldn't say anything because the pain was so bad. Finally I got out an "you've got it on my foot" through my teeth and hubby didn't understand me!!!! I had to say it two more times before he realized why I was still standing up. Thank goodness he was the only one who knelt down on it, otherwise I think I would have lost a good portion of my foot. Okay, okay....at least a good bruise. But it still hurt!

Anyway....it was a very sad day. And I also picked up Gregory Peckory's ashes from the vet. I really hope that this is the end of anyone or anything getting sick or dying in a LONG, LONG TIME. It's been way too much.

Rest In Peace, Rosemarie. You are loved.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/26/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger AR said…

    Sorry for your loss. You seem to be getting hit pretty hard lately. Hope things ease up for you soon. and sorry about your foot. Ouch. Just the kneeler is probably a little heavy, add on a husband, and it really must have hurt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home